Magnetic Field Sensor
Developed by NIPPI Corporation and Kanazawa University.
Ozaki, M., S. Yagitani, Y. Kasahara, H. Kojima, Y. Kasaba, A. Kumamoto, F. Tsuchiya, S. Matsuda, A. Matsuoka, T. Sasaki, and T. Yumoto, Magnetic Search Coil (MSC) of Plasma Wave Experiment (PWE) aboard the Arase (ERG) satellite , Earth, Planets and Space,
- MSC (Magnetic Search Coils)
Magnetic field 1 Hz to 100 kHz, 3 axes (Bα, Bβ, Bγ)
Low-Frequency Wave Receiver: EWO (EFD/OFA/WFC)
Developed by MItsubishi Heavy Industries, and Kyoto University, Kanazawa University, Tohoku University, and Toyama Prefectural University.
- EFD (Electric Field Detector)
DC to 200 Hz (electric field wave form and spectrum)
- EFD-DPB (Double Probe)
wave form (64 Hz (Apo[apogee]-mode) or 256 Hz(Peri[perigee]-mode)
spectrum (f=1-224 Hz)
- EFD-SPB (Single Probe)
wave form (8 Hz)
- EFD Burst
EFD-DPB (512 Hz) and EFD-SPB (128 Hz) are continuously or intermittently measured.
OFA (Onboard Frequency Analyzer)
10 Hz to 20 kHz (electric field spectrum)
1 Hz to 20 kHz (magnetic field spectrum)
- OFA-SPEC: power spectrum (selected from the following 4 modes)
Δt=0.5 s (# of frequency: 66 pts)
Δt=1 s (# of frequency: 132 pts)
Δt=2 s (# of frequency: 264 pts)
Δt=4 s (# of frequency: 528 pts)
- OFA-MATRIX: spectral-matrix
Interlocked with OFA-SPEC. The time resolution is reduced to 1/8.
(Δt=4 s if Δt=0.5 s for OFA-SPEC. The same frequency resolution.)
- OFA-COMPLEX: real and imaginary parts of instantaneous spectrum
The same time and frequency resolutions as OFA-MATRIX.
Matsuda, S., Y. Kasahara, H. Kojima, Y. Kasaba, S. Yagitani, M. Ozaki, T. Imachi, K. Ishisaka, A. Kumamoto, F. Tsuchiya, M. Ota, S. Kurita, Y. Miyoshi, M. Hikishima, A. Matsuoka and I. Shinohara, Onboard Software of Plasma Wave Experiment aboard Arase:
Instrument Management and Signal Processing of Waveform Capture/Onboard Frequency Analyzer, Earth, Planets and Space, doi:10.1186/s40623-018-0838-0, 2018.
WFC (Waveform Capture)
10 Hz to 20 kHz (electric field wave form)
1 Hz to 20 kHz (magnetic field wave form)
- Chorus Burst: 65,536 Hz, 5 electric and magnetic field components, intermittently measured (8 s/shot (nominal))
- EMIC Burst: 1,024 Hz, 5 electric and magnetic field components, intermittently measured (3 min/shot (nominal))
High-Frequency Wave Receiver: HFA
Developed by Meisei Electric and Tohoku University.
- HFA (High Frequency Analyzer)
10 kHz to 10 MHz (electric field spectrum, # of frequency: 480 pts, Δf/f
10 kHz to 100 kHz (magnetic field spectrum, # of frequency: 160 pts, Δf/f
- EE-mode (2 electric field components, Δt=8 s (nominal) or 1 s, 2 s, 16 s (optional))
- LR-mode (2 electric field components, Δt=8 s (nominal) or 1 s (optional))
- EB-mode (1 electric field component + 1 magnetic field component, Δt=8 s (nominal) or 1 s (optional))
- Plasmapause mode (1 electric field component, Δt=1 s (nominal))
- wave form output mode (event-trigger method, 0.082 ms duration (25 Msps) and 0.82 ms duration (2.5 Msps))
- high frequency resolution mode (Δf=1.2 kHz (
<1 MHz) or Δf=12 kHz (>1 MHz))
The band width, number of channels, and time resolution depend on setting.
UHR frequency detection for plasma density measurement (Δt=1 s)
Kumamoto, A., F. Tsuchiya, Y. Kasahara, Y. Kasaba, H. Kojima, S. Yagitani, K. Ishisaka, T. Imachi, M. Ozaki, S. Matsuda, M. Shoji, A. Matsuoka, Y. Katoh, Y. Miyoshi, and T. Obara, High Frequency Analyzer (HFA) of Plasma Wave Experiment (PWE) onboard the
Arase spacecraft, Earth Planets Space, doi:10.1186/s40623-018-0854-0, 2018.