The ERG (Exploration of energization and Radiation in Geospace) project is a mission to elucidate acceleration and loss mechanisms of relativistic electrons around Earth during geospace storms. The project consists of the satellite observation team, the ground-based network observation team, and the integrated data analysis/simulation team.
The ERG Science Center is operated by Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (ISAS), Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Institute for Space-Earth Environmental Research (ISEE), Nagoya University as a Joint Research Center for Space Science. The science center archives data related to the ERG project, releases the data to the public, develops integrated analysis tools for the data, and promotes studies related to the ERG project.
News & Announcements
- (2018/08/03) Release of Level-2 data files of Arase (ERG) satellite.
- (2018/06/18) Papers on overview of the project, instruments, ground-based observations, modeling/simulations and science center are available in the ERG special issue in Earth, Planets and Space.
- (2018/02/15) Dance of auroras: Scientists make first direct observation of electron frolic (Press Release from University of Tokyo)
- (2017/12/20) Happy first anniversary for launching ARASE！
- (2017/11/08) ERG-SC System will be unavailable because of system maintenance, from Sep. 17 17:00 to 19 21:00.
- (2017/09/11) 'The 3rd ERG Mission Science Workshop' was held at NCKU (National Cheng Kung University) in Taipei, Taiwan, on 5-8 Sep. information
- (2017/01/23) Completion of Exploration of energization and Radiation in Geospace Arase(ERG)'s Critical Operations Phase.
- (2016/12/20) Success of Epsilon-2 Launch with ERG Aboard.
- (2016/11/15) ERG/Epsilon-2 to be launched on December 20, 2016.
- (2016/09/02) CEF MMS plots are now available.
- (2016/08/17) CEF Athabasca EMCCD auroral camera 1-hour plots are now available.
- The ERG mission was approved as a geospace exploration project by ISAS/JAXA in August 2012.
- About 100 researchers from about 30 Japanese and overseas institutes/universities participate in the ERG project.