The ERG (Exploration of energization and Radiation in Geospace) project is a mission to elucidate acceleration and loss mechanisms of relativistic electrons around Earth during geospace storms. The project consists of the satellite observation team, the ground-based network observation team, and the integrated data analysis/simulation team.
The ERG Science Center is operated by Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (ISAS), Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and Institute for Space-Earth Environmental Research (ISEE), Nagoya University as a Joint Research Center for Space Science. The science center archives data related to the ERG project, releases the data to the public, develops integrated analysis tools for the data, and promotes studies related to the ERG project.
News & Announcements
- 2020/12/22Please join us to celebrate the 4th anniversary of the Arase satellite on December 20, 2020. The satellite has been in great shape and will observe further geospace storms during cycle 25.
- 2020/11/02All of the websites, wiki documents, and CDF data repository of ERG-SC will be suspended due to regular maintenance of electrical substation from evening of 13-Nov-2020 to morning of 16-Nov-2020.
- 2020/08/06CIDAS system will be suspended due to regular maintenance of data center from 10:00 JST to 12:00 JST on 13-Aug-2020.
- 2020/02/06The paper about conjugate observations between Arase and PANSY (Kataoka+, 2019) has been selected as a EPS highlighted paper 2019.
EPS Highlighted papers 2019
- 2019/12/20Please join us to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the Arase satellite on December 20, 2019.
The satellite has been in great shape and will boldly continue its exploration to seek out and unravel the mystery of Geospace, as has achieved since the launch in 2016. The end of cycle 24 is approaching, and the new cycle 25 will begin soon.
- 2019/12/022020 ERG Science and Space Weather Workshop will be held at National Central University, Taiwan on Jan 13-15 2020.
- 2019/10/24CIDAS system will be suspended due to regular maintenance of electrical substation from evening of 15-Nov-2019 to morning of 19-Nov-2019.
- 2019/10/24The web page on quick-look plots of ERG(Arase) Space Weather data at SEES/JAXA will be temporary halted due to a rolling blackout.
2019/11/01 16:00 JST - 2019/11/06 12:00 JST
- 2019/09/12The GRL article on molecular ions observed by Arase (Seki+, GRL, 2019: https://doi.org/10.1029/2019GL084163) has been selected as an Editor's choice.
- 2019/07/12Quick look plots for frequency spectrum of PWE/WFC (Chorus burst, SWPIA burst) are available.
- 2018/10/26All of the websites, wiki documents, and CDF data repository of ERG-SC will be temporarily unavailable during November 16(Fri)-19 (Mon), 2018 due to a planned campus-wide power outage.
- 2018/08/21Integrated quick look plots for all instruments are available.
- 2018/08/03Release of Level-2 data files of Arase (ERG) satellite.
- 2018/06/18Papers on overview of the project, instruments, ground-based observations, modeling/simulations and science center are available in the ERG special issue in Earth, Planets and Space.
- 2018/02/15Dance of auroras: Scientists make first direct observation of electron frolic (Press Release from University of Tokyo)
- 2017/12/20Happy first anniversary for launching ARASE!!
- 2017/11/08ERG-SC System will be unavailable because of system maintenance, from Sep. 17 17:00 to 19 21:00.
- 2017/09/11'The 3rd ERG Mission Science Workshop' was held at NCKU (National Cheng Kung University) in Taipei, Taiwan, on 5-8 Sep. information
- 2017/01/23Completion of Exploration of energization and Radiation in Geospace Arase(ERG)'s Critical Operations Phase.
- 2016/12/20Success of Epsilon-2 Launch with ERG Aboard.