Conjunction Event Finder
CAUTION!! Figures are NOT for publication.
- The PI of the MMS mission is J. L. Burch ("jburch (at) swri.edu").
- The FIELDS lead co-I is R. B. Torbert ("roy.torbert (at) unh.edu") (see the FIELDS datasets for details of the data).
- The FGM lead co-I is C. T. Russell ("ctrussell (at) igpp.ucla.edu").
- The SDP lead co-I is P.-A. Lindqvist ("lindqvist (at) plasma.kth.se").
- The ADP lead co-I is R. E. Ergun ("Robert.Ergun (at) lasp.colorado.edu").
- The FPI lead co-I is B. L. Giles ("barbara.giles (at) nasa.gov") (see the FPI datasets for details of the data).
- The HPCA lead co-I is S. A. Fuselier ("sfuselier (at) swri.edu") (see the HPCA datasets for details of the data).
- The final data for publications and publication figures must be checked by the PIs.
- The version number of FPI data used for the plots is indicated in the labels of the energy-time spectrograms; that of FGM data is indicated in the label of or at the right of the magnetic field panel.
- The plots are generated only near or in the region of interest (ROI).
- The data and spacecraft locations are in GSM coordinates.
- See the data rights and rules at the MMS science data center.
- See the web sites of the MMS mission and the MMS science data center for further details.
- For the FGM data, level-2 survey data at 8 or 16-Hz sampling are plotted.
- For the FPI data, level-2 fast survey data (v3.1.0 or 3.1.1) at 4.5-s resolution are plotted.
- For the spacecraft potential data, 10-s averages of the level-2 survey data are plotted.
- The electric current J is computed by the curlometer technique [e.g., Dunlop et al., JGR, 107(A11), 1384, 2002] based on the FGM magnetic field measurements; |div B|/|rot B| is the ratio between |div B| and |rot B|, both estimated by the curlometer technique, and can be used as a quality measure of the current estimate.
If you have any problems, questions, or comments, please contact
the ERG Science Center ("ergsc-help (at) isee.nagoya-u.ac.jp")
or N. Kitamura ("kitamura (at) stp.isas.jaxa.jp") at ISAS, JAXA. The codes (for IDL) to make these plots are available from N. Kitamura.
This page is produced by N. Kitamura, Y. Miyashita, and H. Hasegawa.
Last Modified: 2021/06/01