Cluster Magnetic Field and Ion Moment (Prime Parameters)
QL Summary: 6 hours (CSDSWeb at RAL)
Spacecraft Footprints and Ground-Based Instruments:
High-Lat + Mid-Tail 2 hours
Polar 2 hours (old)
Conjunction Event Finder
CAUTION!! Figures are NOT for publication.
171230 1000-1200 UT;
- The PI of FGM is Elizabeth A. Lucek at Imperial College (see for details of the instrument: Balogh et al., Ann. Geophys., 19, 1207-1217, 2001).
- The PI of CIS is Henri Rème at CESR (see for details of the instrument: Rème et al., Ann. Geophys., 19, 1303-1354, 2001).
- A plot is generated when HIA/CIS is operative on at least either of C1 and C3 and when FGM is operative on at least one of the four spacecraft.
- For FGM, the CP data are used for more than a few years ago, while the UP data are used for recent years.
- The data have 4 sec (one spin) resolution for both CIS and FGM.
- The data and Cluster locations are in GSM coordinates.
- The black, red, green, and blue curves represent the data from the Cluster-1 (C1), C2, C3, and C4 satellites, respectively.
- dB^2/B^2 denotes the sum of the three components of magnetic field variance, normalized by the squared field magnitude.
- The electric current, J, is computed by the curlometer technique [e.g., Dunlop et al., JGR, 107(A11), 1384, 2002] based on the FGM magnetic field measurements with 4 sec resolution; div B/rot B is the ratio between |div(B)| and |rot(B)|, both estimated by the curlometer technique, and can be used as a quality measure of the current estimate.
- The bulk plasma parameters are from the HIA part of the CIS instrument.
- D is the average inter-spacecraft distance.
If you have any problems, questions, or comments, please contact
the ERG Science Center ("ergsc-help (at) isee.nagoya-u.ac.jp")
or Y. Miyashita ("miyasita (at) isee.nagoya-u.ac.jp") at ISEE, Nagoya University.
This page was originally produced by H. Hasegawa, Y. Miyashita, T. Takada, and I. Shinohara
and moved from DARTS
JAXA in Japan.
Last Modified: 2016/08/22